First and foremost, thanks for subscribing to TrendInvestorPro!
This page covers the following:
- Analysis Schedule and Reports
- Articles and Videos on the Premium Page
- My Trading Philosophy
- Tools of the Trade
Analysis Schedule and Reports
The Analysis page is where you can find the most recent analysis and the publishing schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays: ETF Trends, Patterns and Setups Report. This is the comprehensive weekly report where I update market conditions and the major index ETFs, such as SPY and QQQ. We then cover ETFs in a top-down manner by focusing on the strongest at the top and working our way down. ETFs are also grouped according to their patterns. Leading ETFs, ETFs in uptrends and ETFs with bullish setups are the focus of this report. ETFs in downtrends are typically not covered because they are out of favor.
- Wednesdays: Market/ETF Video. This is a comprehensive video that covers the important trends at work in the broader market, key breadth charts, bonds, gold, oil and the Dollar. We also cover the ETF Trend Signals and Ranking Table as well as the key trends and setups on the ETF charts.
- Wednesdays: Market Regime Page. This page contains the Composite Breadth Model for broad market timing and conditions. This update also includes key yield spreads and the Fed balance sheet.
- Thursdays: Strategy Report. This is a wild card day where I usually publish an article covering a strategy or technique. Should market conditions warrant, I can also use this day to update ETF trends and setups.
- Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays: The Trend Signals and Ranking Table. This table tracks Trend Composite signals and signal performance for over 250 ETFs from the master list. Users can also rank ETFs using StochClose to separate the leaders from the laggards.
Articles and Videos on the Premium Page
The Premium page is where you can find in-depth articles and videos with a strategic slant and a longer shelf life.
At the top, the “Getting Started” section covers my chart strategy, exit strategies, the Composite Breadth Model and more.
The Trend Composite section is a series of articles showing how to use the Trend Composite for a trend-momentum strategy.
Further down you will find more articles or videos covering falling wedge setups, trend consistency, trend-following strategies and more.
Objective and Systematic
While working in London, I had the pleasure of meeting the late David Fuller and learning from his presentations. David noted that there are three possibilities when we analyze a chart.
- First, we see what we WANT to see. This usually means our biases are interfering with our analysis and distorting our vision.
- Second, we see what we THINK we see. This usually means we do not have a robust analytical process to objectively work through a chart.
- Third, we see what is REALLY there. A systematic and objective approach to chart analysis will help us see what is really on the chart.
TrendInvestorPro is all about seeing what is really there. We cannot expect to get it right all of the time, but a systematic and objective approach will greatly improve our odds. After all, trading and investing are all about odds so we should do everything we can to improve these odds.
Tools of the Trade
First and foremost, I use Amibroker and Norgate data for system development, backtesting and explorations. It is one of the fastest, cleanest and most versatile platforms out there. There is quite a learning curve because it requires detailed coding.
Second, I sometimes link charts in commentaries to an equivalent chart from StockCharts.com, which I also use at times.
I also created the TIP Indicator Edge Plug-In for StockCharts ACP. This plugin includes 11 unique indicators for trend following, mean-reversion setups, trailing stops and volatility. See this article for complete explanations and chart examples.
Third, I use TradingView (affiliate link here) when following the markets during trading hours. They offer a wide array of indicators and data sources.